Thursday, September 3, 2009

Livin' and Servin' in Panama

Putting on the armor of God!
Dear Family, Did you know that when we do door contacts, we stand at their gate and yell"Buenas!"?
Did you know that almost all gas stations and convenient stores are owned by Chinese People?
So they don't say "tienda" like store or anything, they call them "Chinos."
Did you know that it took 17 days for your DearElder letter to get to me?
Did you know that I am in the highest baptizing area right now?
Did you know that I have to walk 2 miles every morning to get to the bus to ride 10 miles to our area?
Did you know that there is alot of those rain forest ants that carry leaves around on their backs and stuff? It's pretty cool to watch!
Did you know that I haven't had a HOT shower since I left the MTC?
Did you know that I am the 1st gringo to come to Panama in about 10 months?
Did you know that my Zone Leader, Elder Low knows Elder Haines(the Canadian, who liked to play basketball?
Did you know that in our Branch of about 90 people, only 4 have cars?
Well, here are a few fun facts for you about my life, hope it helps you know what is going on and where I am at.
I love you guys and pray for you always~ Love Elder Hine



The bathroom...look familar Shaun?

The Kitchen..a cooks dream:)


Ethan's crib!



Little geico's, they are everywhere, all over the house.




Look closely, they killed ants on the fridge with candle wax:)





Ethan and Elder Lopez's first baptism as a companionship, Katerine Frias and her Grandmother






A pathway by his apartment.
















Ethan and his Mission President, President and Sister Madrigal in front of the Panama City Temple..and yes he does look really tall!

No comments:

Post a Comment